WFMW: Lemon & Dill Crockpot Chicken

This week’s Works for Me Wednesday is themed–Best Summer Recipes! I have a new one I’m excited to share, though I couldn’t take a photo of it. I wanted to, but when you prep this recipe, it looksgross. And when it comes out of the crockpot, it only looks slightly better. I didn’t think you’d try it if you saw it. You just have to take my word for it that it TASTES great. And it’s one of those “mix it up in a bowl and dump it in” easy recipes. I love that kind:

Lemon & Dill Chicken

1 cup fat-free sour cream
1 Tbsp. fresh dill, minced (I didn’t have any, so I just used dry dill seed)
1 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
A few squeezes of lemon juice
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, thawed

Mix it all up, put a little in the bottom of the crockpot for moisture, layer in the chicken and spoon the rest of the sauce on top. Cook on low 3-4 hours. (Note that this is not all day; if you cook it all day it will come out too dry.)

I loooove using my crockpot in the summer. No turning on the oven, I can make dinner in 10-15 minutes in the morning before we leave the house, and then we come home from a busy summer day to a great-smelling house. Love it! However, who’s in the mood for soups, stews, and the usual crockpot fare? This recipe was light and lemony–perfect for summer!

What do you cook in your crockpot over the summer?

For more Summer Recipes, head over to We Are That Family. Fore more slow-cooker recipes, try Crockpot Wednesday at Dining with Debbie.

Comments

1. Deborah Graff says:

Yesterday I made one of my favorite easy crockpot recipes (that you gave me, of course). Chicken breasts with canned tomato and salsa dumped on top. Cooked on high for five hours, then shredded with a fork. Served with tortillas, sour cream, beans, etc to my playgroup friends for a summer dinner. Everyone loved it.

2. Mom Of Faith says:

We eat a ton of chicken in our house and I am always excited to read a new and delicious sounding recipe for Crockpot chicken. I love how the chicken comes out juicy and full of flavor. Thanks for sharing this delicious sounding recipe!!

3. darnold23 says:

Thanks so much for participating in Crock Pot Wednesday and for entering this terrific sounding recipe. I love chicken, lemon and dill….super combination. Come back Friday for the announcement of the giveaway winners. Thanks again.

4. Liz - Meal Makeover Mom says:

Your Crock Pot recipe looks great. We've received a ton of recipe ideas on our blog .. I don't know where to begin. I suspect I'll be making a lot of slow cooker meals for the family this winter!

5. Anonymous says:

Just wondering what you serve this with? Rice, egg noodles, potatoes?

6. Gina @ MoneywiseMoms says:

Anon–great question! Depends on how the day is going. :) Sometimes baked potatoes, noodles, rice, whatever we have on hand.

7. This sounds delish! However, I work all day and supper/bed time is less than 2 hours from when I get home, 3 is we stretch it. How long would this need to bake in the oven? 45 mintues maybe? Or could you cook it on high in maybe 1-2?

8. Gina @ MoneywiseMoms says:

Teresa, I've never tried it in the oven, but I would start checking it at 30 minutes if you're using defrosted chicken. You want to be sure the chicken is cooked through.

Trackbacks

1. [...] Mix Cookies Closing the Kitchen Finding Marked-Down Meat Frozen Fruit in the Lunchbox Lemon & Dill Crockpot Chicken Making Our Own Pizza Making a Second Meal Mini Muffin Tin = Fancy Food Organizing by Cooking Ahead [...]

2. [...] (recipe coming tomorrow) Meatless Monday–Tortellini with pesto and peas, salad Tuesday–Lemon & Dill Crockpot Chicken, brown rice and broccoli Wednesday–Spaghetti & Meatballs, angel hair pasta and homemade [...]