FREE Lego Building Events

Do you have a Lego fanatic in your household? We sure do. Last month, we went to the Lego Store for their FREE Monthly Mini Model Build and made this great lobster, all from Legos! They offer this fun event to kids ages 6-14 on the first Tuesday of every month from 5-7pm. Check with your local store for participation. Next Tuesday, September 1st, you can build a mini Lego book and pencil for FREE. Models are not for sale and cannot be purchased.

And good news! Some Walmart stores are now offering similar Mini Builds on Saturdays from 10:00am-2:00pm, while supplies last. I received a postcard in the mail from my local Walmart with the following event dates:

• Saturday, August 29: Crab
  • Saturday, September 19: Pencil Holder
  • Saturday, October 17: Pumpkin (this looks really cute!)

Check with your local Walmart for participation. I’m not sure if this is national or just a trial run in my area.

And finally, if you’re not close to a FREE event, sign your child up for a FREE subscription to Lego Club or Lego Club Jr. Magazine. My son loves getting his own mail, then poring through the examples and pictures. Happy building!

Comments

1. That is so awesome. I have 3 little boys who love Legos…I wish that we had a Lego store nearby. We do get both of the Lego Magazines!

2. Mod Podge Amy says:

Do you know how much I love Lego statues? Not sure what it is – I guess I think about the patience it must take. They are awesome!

3. Cheryl Lage says:

How cool is that?!? My He-Twin is a HUGE Lego fan (and loves the magazine) but sadly no Lego store in our area and I just checked our Walmart. Neg-atron. :(

BUT, you know McDonald's has the Lego racers in Happy Meals right now, yes? ;) We'll have to make do!

4. My kids and I picked up the pieces at Walmart today and the Walmart rep said we could go online for instructions so we just came home, but now I can't find the instructions online. Does any one have them or know where I can find them?

5. Anonymous says:

Does anyone happen to have the instructions to build the crab? Or know of a website I can find them on? We picked up the pieces today, but didn't get the instructions because there weren't enough. The rep said just to go online to Lego.com and look it up. I did, and can't find them.

6. When we went to the monthly one at the Lego Store, they wouldn't hand out the instructions because they were "exclusive," but later they were posted online by people via Flickr and such. Maybe give it a day or two and you'll find them?

7. Ellie Durham says:

Got ours today along with directions.now hubby has to build it for Ellie ;)

8. At my local Walmart, they had already pre-paper-bagged the pieces. So between the rain & the more sensible approach the caos was at a minimum. However, they wouldn't let us take the directions, nor was there a copy machine.

There were a couple of lucky parents with cameras that took photos of the directions.

I went back near the end of the event, and took my own pictures, as I couldn't find anything on-line.

9. Gina @ MoneywiseMoms says:

Here's a picture of the directions that someone has posted online:

10. Hi Gina, which Walmart do you go to, we might venture out with the kids this weekend. We usually go to the Kingstown or Burke one. Let me know. Thanks.

11. Gina @ MoneywiseMoms says:

They're definitely having the workshop at Burke. You can call other Walmarts to see who's participating.