DIY Day: Easy Little Gifty

I originally saw this craft at Little Birdie Secrets and thought, hey–I can do that. And you can, too! This is one of those projects that looks a lot fancier than it is. And it meets all of my craft criteria: easy, takes 10 minutes, and doesn’t cost much. Here’s what you need:

• Hand Sanitizer (I paid $1.00 at the Dollar Tree–although I have gotten these free or cheap at CVS and elsewhere over the year, this one was the easiest to peel the wrapper off of).
  • Stickers and scrapbook paper (I have a stash that hasn’t been used in years)
  • Scrap of ribbon (again, unused craft stash)

I went with a fall theme, but these would be cute with any color of stickers or paper. Just use whatever leftovers you have. Easy peasy, cute and thrifty (only $1.00 total!). You know what these would be great for?

• A Girl Scout troop craft project
  • Teacher gifts, especially when you’re the kind of mom who likes to kiss up show your appreciation
  • Holiday gifts when you need quite a few (for office staff, club members, etc.)
  • Little thank you’s for the people who make life nicer–mail carrier, neighbors, customer service people who deal with you and three cranky children with a smile, etc.

For more DIY projects–from makeovers to crafts to recipes–go to A Soft Place to Land.

Comments

1. Great gift idea! It turned out so cute! Love your blog too. I first heard about it from my sister who is a VERY thrifty mom and religiously reads your blog.
    pk @ room remix

2. i love this idea so much!

3. The Stitcherbee says:

So fun!

4. Shanty 2 Chic says:

Hey there~ What a fun idea… it sure makes them prettier!
    ~Whitney

5. Katherine @ Grass Stains says:

Really wonderful idea! I scrapbook, so I always have plenty of paper lying around to use for things like this!

6. I love this idea and followed the links all the way back to Just a Girl, who originally posted about it. My daughter just started preschool this year so it's a fun, cute gift to make for Christmas. I'm also going to make it for girlfriends with kids. Thank you!

7. Amanda @ Serenity Now says:

Neat idea!! You could do this with lotions too, I bet. :) Thanks for the visit!

8. Amy {The Red Chair Blog} says:

Great gift idea; thanks for sharing! Thanks for your comment today too. If you make the pillow, I'd love to hear how it turns out!

9. Heather - CROQZine.com - Dollarstorecrafts.com says:

Very cute. We'll link at Dollar Store Crafts very soon.

10. Staci @ Designing and Motherhood says:

Hi. This is my first visit to your blog. I linked your tutorial on my blog (later this week in case it's not ok). I hope that is ok? I need to make some for my kids teachers too. Thanks, Staci

Come and check out my blog sometime.

11. Domestically Inclined says:

Hello, I came by way of Lori at http://littlehouseinthefoothills.blogspot.com/
    Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful idea!

12. I definitely going to steal this idea; I love it!