If you live near a Giant or Stop & Shop, you’ll want to catch this week’s General Mills Catalina promo that starts tomorrow, Friday, March 19 and runs through Thursday, March 25th:
Buy $20 worth of participating products, get a $10 coupon for your next purchase. Limit 1 offer per transaction.
These sale prices match up nicely with current and printable coupons, plus many stores will double the coupons. Remember to stay as close to the $20 threshold as you can to get the maximum discount. **Update 3/19–this deal is working with shelf prices, not sale prices, so you can save even more!
**Another update: I’m hearing from people that they’re not getting the Cat when they use the shelf prices, and it didn’t work for me today either. Go back to the SALE prices, and you should be fine:
- Betty Crocker Cake Mix $1.00 (shelf price $1.79). There’s a printable coupon for .50 off when you buy both Cake Mix and Frosting.
- Betty Crocker Frosting $1.66 (shelf price $1.79). You can use the coupon above w/cake mix or use the .50 off from the 2/7 insert.
- Betty Crocker Muffin Mix $2.50 (shelf price $3.19). You can print a .50 off coupon at Target.com, but it’s a manu coupon so it can be used at any store.
- Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix $2.00 (shelf price $3.00). Print a .75/2 coupon.
- Betty Crocker Hamburger Helper $1.66 (shelf price $2.00). Print a coupon for .75 off 3 or use the .75/3 from the 3/7 insert.
- Bisquick Baking Mix 40oz $2.88 (shelf price $3.59). Print a .60 off coupon.
- Cascadian Farm Organic Cereal $3.29 (missed that one, does anyone know it?). Register at their website to get a $1.00 off coupon.
- Cascadian Farm Organic Frozen Vegetables $2.50 (shelf price $2.79)
- Chex Mix Traditional 15oz $2.50 (shelf price $3.29). Use the printable .50 off coupon or use the .50 off from the 3/7 insert.
- Fiber One Yogurt 4 pack $2.00 (shelf price $2.50). There’s a printable $1.00 off coupon or use the $1.00 off from the 1/24 insert.
- Green Giant Valley Fresh Steamers $1.66 (shelf price $2.50). Print this .50 off one coupon if you haven’t already used it.
- Gold Medal Flour, regular or unbleached $2.00 (shelf price $2.99).
- Nature Valley Granola Bars $2.88 (shelf price $2.99). Use the printable .40 off coupon or the .40 off from the 3/7 insert.
- Nature Valley Granola Nut Clusters $2.88 (shelf price $3.29). There’s a $1.00 off printable coupon.
- Pillsbury Cookie Dough or Flaky Twists $2.50 (shelf price $2.79). Use this $1.00/2 printable coupon or there was a $1.00/2 coupon in the 2/7 insert.
- Pillsbury Crescent Rolls, only the Buttery or Big & Flaky 10.1oz pkg $2.50 (shelf price $2.99). There’s a .50/2 coupon that will double.
- Pillsbury Toaster Strudel or Scrambles $2.00 (missed this one also). There’s a printable .55/2 coupon that should double.
- Yoplait Kids Yogurt 6 pack or Go-Gurt 8 pack $2.50 (shelf price $2.79). There’s a .40 off 1 and .80/2 coupon available.
- Yoplait Yo-Plus Lowfat Yogurt 4 pack $2.00 (shelf price $2.50). Use this printable $1.00 off coupon.
Remember that IP coupons let you print two per computer, so utilize as many as you can. At checkout, the $10 coupon that prints out is a Catalina coupon. If yours doesn’t print, head to Customer Service and show them the weekly ad and the products you bought so they can give you your $10. Sometimes Cats don’t print because there’s a problem with the machine.
**UPDATED with shelf prices: You can see my transactions (so far) in this post, but here are some easy ones to do if you don’t want to figure out the math yourself:
- Buy 8 Fiber One or Yo-Plus Yogurts. Shelf price is $2.50, so 8 x 2.50 = $20. Use 8 insert or printable coupons and pay just $7.00 out of pocket and get the $10 Catalina coupon back.
- Buy 8 Green Giant Steamers. Shelf price is $2.50, same math as above. Use insert coupons or this printable .50 off and pay $11 or $5 (if you have that many coupons) to earn the $10 Catalina coupon.
- Buy 7 Gold Medal Flour; there are no coupons available. Total is $20.93, and you get the $10 Catalina coupon back. That makes the flour $1.56/bag, a fantastic stock-up price.
One more note: Every time I tried to pay with the $10 Catalina coupon on subsequent transactions, it beeped. Even with a total over $10, other products for the coupon to attach to, etc., it beeped. Each time, the cashier put it through (there was no reason not to). Be sure and have them do that.
There are lots of FREEbies to be had with this deal, so check through your coupons and start printing! This promo at Giant runs through Thursday, March 25th.