If you don’t want to go to Toys R Us remember that you can price match at Target and Walmart using the Toys R Us ad that came in Sunday’s paper. Just bring it to the register (they may send you to customer service) and get the same bags of candy at Target/Walmart for $1.49 each. And yes, you can still use coupons!
A few other deals around town this week:
Kroger is offering a Halloween Sale on Tuesday, October 18th, that combines coupons, sale prices, and a Catalina resulting in candy at .28-$1.28/bag. Head over to Savings Lifestyle for the details on this deal.
Rite Aid has a deal where you get a $5 Up Reward back when you spend $15 on selected bags of candy. An “Up Reward” is a coupon that prints at the end of your receipt that you can use on your next purchase. If you don’t plan to go back to Rite Aid, just have something ready for a second transaction to use up the $5. Buy 6 bags of Fun Size and Snack Size bags at $2.50 each (Hershey brand is excluded). I used two of the $1.50/3 coupons from the 10/9 RedPlum insert and paid only $7 for 6 bags of candy after Up Reward.
Giant/Stop&Shop has a sale through Thursday October 20th where you get 5 bags of Hershey’s Snack Size or Mars/Nestle Fun Size Candy for $10. Use the $1.00/2 Nestle Fun Size from the 10/16 or print one, and you’ll pay $8 at checkout for 5 bags.
Walgreens has an in-ad coupon making Halloween Peeps 2 for $1. Use this printable coupon and pay just .25 each when you buy two.
Gather up your manufacturer coupons from inserts and online:
- The 10/16 RedPlum insert had $1.00/2 Nestle Fun Size Bags
- The October All You Magazine had a $1.50/2 Snickers, Milky Way, or Twix fun size packs 11 oz. or larger
- The September All You Magazine had a $1.50/2 M&Ms coupon
- The 10/9 RedPlum insert had coupons for $1.50/3 M&M or Mars Fun Size Candy
- The 9/25 RedPlum insert had a coupon for $1.00/3 M&Ms Fun Size Candy
- $1.00 off 2 Fun Size bags of NESTLE candy
- $1.40 off 1 large bag of NESTLE or WONKA candy
- $1.00/3 Reese’s, Kit Kat or Hershey’s Snack Size Bag 9-22 oz
- $1.50/2 M&M’s Products 9.4 oz or larger
- $1 off Skittles Laydown Bag 13.3-14oz (on the Target website, but a Manu coupon)
- .50/2 Halloween Peeps
For more tips on having a Moneywise Halloween, see Saving on Halloween.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links at coupon sites that help support MoneywiseMoms. Thanks for using them!