It’s spring! Time to have a lovely brunch with girlfriends, don’t you think? Yeah, that never seems to happen. So I just make “breakfast for dinner” and enjoy my brunch that way. This Crustless Bacon Asparagus Quiche looks lovely plated with some Rosemary Potatoes, which you can roast alongside it in the oven. And as my son exclaimed at dinner, “Bacon makes everything better!” Note–if you’re able to eat gluten, you can pour this into a whole wheat pie crust.
- 4 strips bacon
- 16 stalks asparagus, trimmed, cleaned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach, sliced or torn into smaller pieces
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400. Prepare a 9-inch pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until browned. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels, leaving about 1 Tbsp of bacon fat in pan.
- Add the asparagus to the skillet and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the minced garlic and saute until lightly browned, then add the spinach to wilt it. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, milk, vegetable mixture, cheeses, salt and pepper. Pour into the prepared pie plate.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until the edges of the crust are golden.
This recipe is linked up to Ultimate Recipe Swap at Life as Mom, Whole Food Wednesdays at Beyond the Peel, Gluten-Free Wednesdays at Gluten-Free Homemaker, Slightly Indulgent Tuesday at Simply Sugar & Gluten Free, Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam and Friday Food at MomTrends.