It just doesn’t get any easier than this Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken. Throw some chicken (breasts, thighs, frozen or thawed) into your slow cooker with a bottle of sauce (prepared or homemade), and cook on low for the afternoon. Love it! I do this all the time with BBQ Chicken and Salsa Chicken, so we needed a little change of flavors. With veggies right in the crock, you just need some rice or noodles on the side to make a complete (and fast!) meal.
- 1-2 lbs. boneless chicken breasts or thighs, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 bottle Teriyaki Sauce (I used gluten-free San-J)
- 1 bag broccoli slaw–to add later
- Rice or noodles, for serving
- Use either frozen or thawed chicken in the slow cooker; just adjust the cooking time. Put the chicken, onion, and celery in the crock, then stir in the teriyaki sauce. If chicken is frozen, cook on low for 8-10 hours; if thawed, 4-6 is plenty.
- A half hour before serving, add the broccoli slaw.
- Serve over brown rice noodles or rice.
This Crockpot Teriyaki Chicken can be made gluten-free as long as you check the ingredients in your teriyaki sauce (since soy sauce contains wheat). I like San-J Gluten Free Teriyaki Sauce. If you’d prefer, you can make your own.
For more easy & family-friendly slow cooking recipes,
follow my Slow Cooker & Crockpot board on Pinterest.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting MoneywiseMoms at no cost to you!