With the hot summer weather, I’ve been looking for cold, creamy desserts to take the place of baked goods. This Creamy Lemon Fudge recipe originally came from Taste of Home Magazine but is no longer available. I love how this fudge has the same consistency of regular fudge but with a zing instead of chocolate! Let me know if you give it a try.
- 1/2 cup butter, plus extra for greasing pan
- 1 4.3oz package lemon pudding mix (cooking, not instant)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Line a square pan with foil, then grease liberally with a Tbsp or so of butter. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the 1/2 cup butter over medium heat. Add the milk and pudding mix. Cook and stir until thickened (just a few minutes).
- Remove from heat, then stir in powdered sugar and extract. Pour into the pan and refrigerate until set.
- Use the foil to lift the fudge out. Cut into squares. Store in the refrigerator.