This Simple Vegetable Fried Rice recipe is not just easy, it’s a great way to use up leftovers you have in the fridge. Instead of using the veggies listed, just throw in whatever you have hand. You can also add little bits of chicken or pork if you don’t want a vegetarian meal. I found this simple recipe in my latest Family Circle Magazine and adapted it a bit. If you’re eating gluten-free, just make sure you use a GF soy sauce.
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 2 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3 cups cooked rice (I used brown)
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp ketchup
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Cook the eggs in 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet; remove and chop to add later.
- Add the other Tbsp oil and saute celery, carrot, onion, peas and pepper for 6 minutes.
- Stir in 3 cups cooked rice along with broth, soy sauce and ketchup.
- Heat through and stir in egg. Top with green onions.
This Simple Vegetable Fried Rice recipe is linked up to Friday Food at MomTrends, Keep it Real Thursdays at Beyond the Peel, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam.