- Bundle your errands. Choose one day a week to get them all done, and plan to hit a shopping center that has everything you need (grocery, post office, etc.). Bundling errands can be challenging with small children. While you may be able to tackle more stores in one run, they often can’t handle the in-and-out of the car and endless carts. Pack snacks, handheld activities, and some “rewards” for good little helpers.
- Stay home more. Instead of meeting out at the mall playground or restaurant, host a playdate at your house for backyard fun (sprinkler, baby pool, or bubbles) or an indoor potluck. Kids love playing with “new to them” toys!
- Choose a car with better mileage. We have two cars, a minivan and a late-model sedan. Since the sedan gets better mileage, I use it for longer drives or whenever I don’t need to carry the kids around. It’s a small savings, but every little bit helps.
- Use gas programs. Many grocery stores offer cents-off gas when you buy certain products or spend a certain amount. I’m excited to have another option–Fuel Rewards Network Program–to test out.
- Know where gas costs less. Where I live, the inner gas stations have lower prices than those next to the highways. You can also check apps like GasBuddy for price comparisons, especially helpful when you’re traveling.
I knew my MoneywiseMoms readers would be thrilled to hear about Fuel Rewards Network Program, a new way to save money on gas nationwide at Shell stations. You can earn savings per gallon by linking your grocery store loyalty card to your FRN card, linking up a payment card to earn while dining out, or for shopping online through the FRN website. Plus, each time you shop at a Shell station (i.e. car washes), you earn savings. On average, FRN Members are saving .31 per gallon on fuel at Shell through the Fuel Rewards Network.
Five lucky MoneywiseMoms readers will each win a pre-loaded Fuel Rewards Network card with $1.00/gallon of fuel savings, up to 20 gallons!
You have three ways to enter. Leave a separate comment for each task that you complete:
1) Tell me one way you save money on gas.
2) Visit Fuel Rewards Network online and sign up for a card (it’s FREE).
I’ll choose the five winners of this giveaway on Friday, April 26th at 11:00pm EST. Thanks for reading MoneywiseMoms, and good luck!
**Update: This giveaway is over! Congrats to winners Tina, Nooreen, Pat, Jennifer F., and Livivua!
Disclosure: This giveaway is provided by Fuel Reward Network, and I was compensated for this post. All opinions are my own.