Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I am a Food Lion blogger, and I joined their blogger program because we share the same mission–to help you feed your family for less.
Food Lion wants to help you get dinner on the table quick & easy. Their latest Dish it Up! promotion is fantastic–through January 20th, when you buy $10 of fresh chicken, you get corn, tomatoes, rice and tomato sauce for FREE, to help you make an easy meal. We tried these Chicken Chili Rice Bowls, and it took less than 30 minutes to cook.
You can head over to Food Lion and get the recipe, but I’ve also posted it below. While you’re there, you’ll find other Dish it Up! weeknight dinners to help you get dinner done fast.
- 1 1/2 uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 (28oz) can Tomato Sauce
- zest of 1 lime
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 tsp chili powder, to taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 (15.25oz) can Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Cook rice according to package directions, using chicken broth instead of water, if desired. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large saucepan or Dutch oven, over medium-high heat. Brown chicken 3 minutes on each side. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, lime zest, lime juice, chili powder, cumin, and cayenne; stir.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Remove chicken breasts to a cutting board, letting sauce simmer another 10 minutes. Meanwhile, chop or shred chicken, then return to saucepan and add corn and beans.
- Cook until heated through and chili is slightly thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve chili over rice.
Serve with extra toppings like sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, diced avocado or lime wedges. The leftovers (if you have any) taste great the next day for lunch!
Food Lion wants to help you Dish it Up! and get dinner on the table for your family. Two lucky MoneywiseMoms readers will each win a $50 Food Lion Gift Card. If you’re reading in an email subscription or feed, please click over to the post so you can use the Rafflecopter entry form. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway ends at 11:59pm ET on Friday, January 30th. Each winner will have 48 hours to reply back to their prize email from me, otherwise, I will have to choose alternate winners.
Linked up to Real Food Recipe Roundup at Jo Lynne Shane