I’m always on the lookout for easy weeknight dinners, like this Microwave Creamy Tortellini that is ready in less than 30 minutes thanks to the Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker. If you like my Chicken Tomato Pasta, give this one a try. It’s another pasta-with-veggies-in-sauce recipe, which is a great formula for success at my house. Yours, too?
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 3 Tbsp flour
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1 cup milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8oz ham, diced
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 16oz frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
- 1 cup frozen peas
- In a microwave-safe container (I use a large glass bowl), combine butter and flour and whisk until smooth. Add garlic and milk and whisk well.
- Microwave, covered, on high 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring every 60 seconds.
- Add cheese; whisk until smooth.
- Add ham and pepper to sauce. Mix well, then set aside.
- Combine tortellini and broth in Deep Covered Baker. Microwave on high 12-15 minutes or until tortellini are tender, stirring every 4-5 minutes.
- Add cheese sauce to Baker, mix well. Stir in peas.
- Microwave, covered, on high 2-3 minutes or until heated through.
- Cover and let stand 2-3 minutes.
While this isn’t a one-dish recipe (it’s only two!), it’s still weeknight-easy and a new take on mac-and-cheese (which my kids never tire of, but I do). Serve it with a side salad for a great dinner. You can also replace the peas with another vegetable if your family prefers (like cut green beans or fresh baby spinach).
Looking for more Deep Covered Baker microwave recipes? See my DCB Recipes Pinterest Board, where all the recipes I’ve pinned are microwave-only and use whole/real foods:
Microwave Creamy Tortellini is linked up to TypeAParent, Fluster’s Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster, Real Food Recipe Roundup at Musings of a Housewife and Made by You Monday at Skip to My Lou.