It’s fall! Bring on the yummy-smelling baked goods, like these Brown Sugar Maple Muffins. You’ll find a lot of muffin recipes here at MoneywiseMoms because they make a great healthy afternoon snack and are easy to slip into a lunchbox. These come out of the oven with a slightly-crisp edge that’s just divine. These would be great with some chopped walnuts added as well, but we have to avoid nuts in my house.
- 2 cups wheat flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used Greek)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, combine milk, butter, syrup, yogurt, egg and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients, just until moistened.
- Prepare muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or paper liners. Recipe will make 48 mini-muffins or 12 regular-sized muffins.
- Bake at 400 degrees; 11-13 minutes for mini-muffins or 16-20 minutes for regular-sized.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans.
Looking for more great muffin recipes? Try Whole Wheat Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, or Chocolate Banana Mini Muffins and others listed in my Recipe Index.
This Brown Sugar Maple Muffins recipe is linked up to Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale and Fluster’s Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster.