I’m back with another recipe for the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef–these yummy Teriyaki Chicken Pitas–cooked in the microwave. I have a goal this year to get a repertoire of 10 DCB recipes that I use regularly. They will be a huge time & stress saver as we are heading into summer swim team season. We’ll be at practice daily from 4-6, so I’ll be prepping dinner while the kids are unpacking and showering as we come in the door.
If you don’t have a DCB, yes, you can make this is a skillet. But the point of the DCB is to be able to prep the food and let it cook while you’re doing other things, not standing at the stove. For an easy, stovetop one-pot meal, go try my Turkey Parmesan Pasta. And for all you mamas who have a deep covered baker sitting in the cupboard that doesn’t get used (ahem–hence my goal for the year), enjoy!
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion
- 1 green bell pepper
- 8 oz white mushrooms
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- Sliced Provolone cheese
- Whole wheat pita breads
- Coarsely chop onion and peppers and place in baker.
- Lay chicken breasts on top and sprinkle with ginger, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Cover and microwave on high for 12-14 minutes or until chicken is done (I use a digital thermometer to check).
- Drain liquid from baker, then chop chicken and vegetables with kitchen shears.
- In small bowl, combine soy sauce and cornstarch. Add to baker and combine well. Heat for 2 more minutes.
- Fill each pita with slice of cheese and chicken mixture. Serve immediately.
I slice the pitas in half and stuff each with a slice of cheese before serving this to the family. They love it!
Try my other microwave Deep Covered Baker Recipes:
and follow my Deep Covered Baker Recipes Pinterest board.
Linked up to Real Food Recipe Roundup at Sassy Moms in the City, Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts, Inspire Me Wednesday at Mama Buzz, Fluster’s Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster, and Pinterest Foodie at Real: The Kitchen and Beyond.