Need a super easy recipe for your next barbeque or potluck? How about this 5-Ingredient Red Potato Salad–with favorite flavors like bacon and ranch. It’s the summer version of a loaded baked potato, and it’s the perfect side dish for grilled chicken, fish, or even burgers.
- 3 lbs red potatoes, scrubbed and cubed
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, trimmed and sliced (both white and green parts)
- 3/4 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Boil potatoes in salted water until cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and move to serving bowl.
- Add ranch and toss gently.
- Add bacon, green onions, and grated cheese and toss again.
- Serve either warm or chilled.
I find the potatoes cook faster if I cube them first (large-sized chunks), then boil. If you’re not a fan of bottled ranch dressing, you can make your own with buttermilk and mayonnaise. Try this homemade ranch dressing recipe from Daily Rebecca.
These flavors go so well together. I’d love to know if you give this recipe a try. Just leave a comment below!
This 5-Ingredient Potato Salad is linked up to Inspire Me Wednesday at Mama Buzz, Pinterest Foodie Linky Party at A Life in Balance, Hearth & Soul Hop at Premeditated Leftovers, Too Cute Tuesday at Funky Polkadot Giraffe, Fluster’s Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster and Real Food Recipe Roundup at Sassy Moms in the City.