- Comparison shop for the best prices on the pet products that you use. Check out prices at both bricks and mortar outlets and online-only businesses. Find out about new customer discounts, as well as loyalty programs.
- Check the web weekly for printable and store card loadable coupons. Sites such as Coupons.com, RedPlum and SmartSource are good, reputable sources for printable coupons.
- Explore well-known online auction sites for deals on durable pet supplies such as beds, brushes, collars, carriers and toys.
- Ask your veterinarian about discounts that he or she may have available to pass along to you on medicines and other pet care products. Also, work with your vet to make sure that your pet receives the proper preventive care that he or she needs.
- Check out pet product manufacturer websites, Facebook pages and Twitter feeds for special discounts and promotions. Many times, you will find offers directly through the company that cannot be found elsewhere.
With a little planning and research, you can get big savings on pet supplies.
For more tips on saving on pet products, check out Sarah’s e-book Four-Legged Frugality at Amazon. It’s FREE to download to Kindle (or your PC) through Thursday, December 6th. It is a great resource to help you save money, especially the extensive lists of websites. Sarah is also the author of Easy Savings Tips for Busy People.
Original image from ana_cotta on Flickr