Yes, I know not everyone has a Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef, but those of us who do are always looking for more easy microwave recipes. I use mine all the time to make Chicken Fajitas, but another go-to meal for us is this Chicken Tomato Pasta. It’s a revision of a Pampered Chef recipe, made simpler by using pantry ingredients. I usually cook some extra chicken breasts when we have them for another meal, or I can pull some pre-cooked chicken from the freezer and have it thawed out by dinnertime. And I always have canned tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on hand, so it comes together quickly.
- 2 tsp diced garlic
- 1 14oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups chicken broth
- ½ tsp each salt and coarsely ground black pepper
- 3 cups uncooked pasta (penne, rotini, etc.)
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken breasts
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1 Tbsp basil
- Spray Deep Covered Baker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add garlic, crushed tomatoes, broth, salt and pepper to the Baker. Stir in dry pasta.
- Cover baker and microwave on high for 16-18 minutes or until pasta is tender (I usually stop at 10 min and stir).
- When pasta is fully cooked, carefully remove Baker from microwave and add basil, cheese and chicken; mix well.
This is such an easy recipe to pull together for busy weeknights, and it can be made gluten-free by substituting the pasta with your favorite GF brand. Just keep an eye on the cooking time–I’ve found that quinoa pasta takes less time to cook.
If you have a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker, I’d love to know what microwave recipes your family enjoys–leave a comment below.
Chicken Tomato Pasta is linked up to Tip Me Tuesday at Tip Junkie, Inspire Me Wednesday at Mama Buzz, What’s Cooking Wednesday at Turning the Clock Back, Gluten-Free Recipe Linkup at Musings of a Housewife and Fluster’s Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster.