One of the biggest reasons people dislike coupons is because “they’re only for junk food.” While it’s true that you can get un-healthy food for FREE or practically free, you can also find great discounts on healthy foods.
This week at Giant, for example, the Perdue Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts are on sale Buy One, Get One Free. There was also a .75 off coupon in Sunday’s paper that doubles at the store. I found two packages with almost the same weight (to maximize the BOGO sale), and the store allows two coupons (one for each package). I paid only $2.44 after my coupons doubled, making the chicken $1.22/lb for higher-quality chicken than I usually get in the store’s large family-sized packs when they’re on sale for $1.99/lb. For more Giant deals, see Frugal Friends in NoVA.
If you’re looking for printable coupons for healthy choices, try these links:
- Mambo Sprouts for Kashi, Yo-Baby, Organic Valley, and more
- Coupons.com for Udi’s Gluten-Free, Newman’s Own, Truvia, and Seventh Generation
- Organic Valley for their dairy products and eggs
- Stonyfield for their organic dairy products (like Yo-Baby yogurt and Oikos Yogurt)
- Silk and Almond Breeze for soy and almond milks
If your favorite brands are not offering coupons (either in the Sunday paper or online), send them an email through their Customer Service department. The more they hear from us, the more likely we’ll get coupons!
Disclosure: This post contains an affiliate link. Thanks for supporting MoneywiseMoms!