Wise words, that I usually live by…
I truly believe that busy moms can do ANYTHING, and I live my life by the thought that while I can do ANYTHING, I cannot do it all at once. And yet, a couple of times each year, I find myself in a spot where life is swirling around me and I am either reeling along with it or paralyzed with overwhelm. Do you ever feel like that?
That’s when I know I need to pull back, reflect on what is happening, and make some changes–fast. I am so careful to not overschedule (neither my kids nor I) or overvolunteer or fall into bad eating habits or not get enough sleep…and yet here I am (again). It happens! Now I need to get back on my routines:
- planning meals (all three) so that we all eat well and I don’t skip meals because of busy-ness
- get more sleep, which usually means forgoing “relaxing” time in front of the TV at night (which is really just saying I need time to destress from the day, but sleep serves me better)
- look at my calendar for the week and just decide NOT to do some of the things, delegate some tasks or rework appointments
- say NO, which I’m usually good at, but right now with end-of-the-school-year activities and beginning-of-summer activities converging, I’ve let myself slip. I am a chronic overvolunteer.
- exercise even though it’s (really) hot outside
Do you slip from your routines? How do you get back on track? I started with the first one and asked the kids to help–we planned out this week’s meals and made a grocery list. It took a lot of pressure off and now I’m happily NOT thinking about what’s for dinner (it’s Taco Tuesday, so that was an easy one).
Looking for more ideas to make cooking easier? You’ll find it below at this week’s Tasty Tuesdays Linky Party:
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes! Note–posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- NEW: MoneywiseMoms is not responsible for stolen images or misuse by others who have found your image through MoneywiseMoms.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.