It’s pumpkin season, and after you’ve baked Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and Pumpkin Pancakes and all the other yummy things out there, it’s time for pumpkin pie. But why stick with traditional pumpkin pie? This Pumpkin Cream Cheese Swirl Pie adds a delicious swirl of flavor and takes your pie from traditional to WOW.
I love serving this Pumpkin Swirl Pie rather than the traditional. It doesn’t take much more time than the original, but it looks fancier and has a great flavor!
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 package (8 oz) plus 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 375°F. Place pie crust in 9-inch glass pie plate as directed on package for one-crust filled pie. Bake about 8 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, flour and cream cheese with electric mixer on low speed until smooth; reserve 1/2 cup in small bowl. Add remaining ingredients except milk to cream cheese mixture. Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl constantly, until smooth. Pour into crust.
- Stir milk into reserved cream cheese mixture. Spoon over pumpkin mixture. Cut through cream cheese and pumpkin mixtures with knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion for marbled design. Turn pie plate one-fourth turn and repeat.
- Cover edge of crust with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 30 minutes.
- Cover loosely and refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving. Store covered in refrigerator.
If you don’t have the individual spices, just substitute 1 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice. This Pumpkin Swirl Pie has become our family’s Thanksgiving pumpkin pie, just a little more “fancy” than the regular one with hardly any extra work. My kind of recipe!
Find more easy desserts on my Sweets & Treats Pinterest board.