These Mini Broccoli Quiches were born from my desire to make one of my easy, last-minute meals portable for nights where we need to pack dinner. Rather than pick up fast food, I can feed my family a healthy dinner in the car (if necessary), on the field, or just put these in the lunchbox for a change over sandwiches. This recipe makes exactly enough to fill a standard-size muffin tin (12), and they refrigerate and freeze nicely. It’s such a versatile recipe that you can throw in extra bits from your fridge–ham, turkey, cooked chicken–or other veggies as your kids prefer.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour (I've substituted GF flour as well)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 10oz frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, diced (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix eggs and milk.
- Add flour, baking powder, broccoli, cheese and onion (if desired).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until edges are brown.
This Mini Broccoli Quiches recipe is linked up to Friday Food at MomTrends, Keep it Real Thursdays at Beyond the Peel, Slightly Indulgent Tuesdays at Simply Sugar & Gluten-Free and Tasty Tuesday at Balancing Beauty & Bedlam.
Disclosure: This post contains Amazon links. Thanks for supporting MoneywiseMoms at no cost to you!