This Tortellini Chickpea Pasta Salad is an easy vegetarian meal that’s filled with fresh flavors. It’s one of my family’s favorite cold dinners.
Easy, healthy meals on a budget–it’s a goal for many of us. I’m excited to share a great new cookbook with you–GoodCheapEats by Jessica Fisher–to help you meet this goal around your busy family. You may already be familiar with Jessica Fisher from the blogs Good Cheap Eats and Life As Mom. She’s all about making the most of what you have, whether that’s time with family, money in the bank, or food on hand. She has six kids and is passionate about budget-friendly meals that taste good. I received a copy of GoodCheapEats for review and have been working my way through the recipes, to my family’s delight.
Disclosure: I received this book from the publisher for review. The publisher is providing the prize for this giveaway. I’ve also used an affiliate link to Amazon; thanks for supporting MoneywiseMoms at no additional cost to you!
My family just loved this Tortellini Chickpea Pasta Salad, found on page 268 (or print it below). It’s the kind of pasta salad that’s tasty either warm or chilled.
This cold salad will store in the fridge for up to four days, but we never have leftovers!
I love having new cold salad recipes because we pack them for healthy swim meet dinners instead of hitting the concession stand.
- 12oz. cheese tortellini (fresh, dried or frozen)
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups cooked or canned chickpeas (rinsed & drained if canned)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 (10oz) package grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped peeled carrots
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and cook the tortellini according tot he package directions. Drain and let cool slightly.
- In a small jar or bowl, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper to taste. Place the lid on the jar and shake well or whisk until smooth. Add the olive oil and shake or whisk again to emulsify.
- In a large bowl, combine the tortellini, chickpeas, spinach, tomatoes, and carrots. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine. Adjust the seasonings as desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
The GoodCheapEats Cookbook is out right now! Find it at Amazon in both paperback and on Kindle.