Are your mornings busy, too? As we head into the back to school routine, I’m having a hard time getting my son to eat breakfast. Soon, he’ll be getting up at the crack of dawn to swim, and he shouldn’t exercise on an empty stomach. This Banana Blueberry Breakfast Muffins recipe will help. It’s healthy–filled with fruit, fiber (from the wheat flour, oats and flaxseed), and yogurt. It’s also portable, perfect to eat on the drive along with a cup of milk. It’s a quick breakfast for moms, too, not just kids!
- 2 whole ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, mash bananas. Add yogurt, oil, and egg.
- Mix in baking soda, baking powder, sugar, flour, flaxseed and oatmeal.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Spoon into 12 greased or paper-lined muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Don’t miss another frugal recipe. Sign up to get email updates of MoneywiseMoms.
This Banana Blueberry Breakfast Muffins recipe is linked up to Mouthwatering Mondays at A Southern Fairytale, Taste of Tuesday at Blissfully Miller and Let’s Get Bananas, and Fluster’s Creative Muster Party at Fluster Buster.