We attended our first summer potluck this weekend, and there are many more to come! With busy schedules, school still in session (four more weeks–ugh!), and too much to do, you need an easy-peasy recipe like these Cake Mix Cookies to bring and enjoy. There’s just three ingredients–unless you want to add some sprinkles to the top, then it’s four.
These cookies are so soft and luscious, it’s like eating the top of a muffin!
This is a great “base” recipe that you can take in any direction. Change up the sprinkles for your favorite holiday or any theme. Try a different flavor cake mix. Or add mini chocolate chips, crushed Oreos or chopped nuts to the top.
- 1 package cake mix, any flavor
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- 1 egg
- sprinkles (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first three ingredients in a large bowl and stir until dough forms.
- Either scoop onto cookie sheet or shape into 1-inch balls (it's easier if you chill it first).
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until center is set. Let cool on the pan for 1-2 minutes, then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.
I used my favorite stackable cooling racks and cookie sheets to make these cookies (those are my Amazon referral links–thanks for supporting MoneywiseMoms at no cost to you!).