- 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a colander, drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a small bowl, combine the oil and spices, then add the chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the baking sheet several times to rotate the chickpeas.
- Let cool completely. These will store for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
We were surprised at the new texture after roasting these–similar to Terra Chips or veggie chips we’ve had before–a nice crunchy, salty snack. Since my husband doesn’t like beans, he was very skeptical about this snack but he liked it too. It’s a great alternative to almonds, since chickpeas have high protein, high fiber, and low fat.
Now that we’ve tried this, I’m eager to try some other recipes, and my husband wants to try it with cayenne pepper or something more spicy.
This Roasted Spiced Chickpeas recipe is linked to Gluten-Free Homemaker’s Gluten-Free Wednesdays, Midnight Maniac’s Meatless Mondays, My Sweet and Savory’s Meatless Mondays, Beauty and Bedlam’s Tasty Tuesdays, Remodelaholic’s Recipe Linky, and MomTrends Recipe Linky.