These Roasted Spiced Chickpeas are an easy homemade snack that’s salty and crunchy while still healthy!
When you’re shopping frugally, snack foods can be a budget-buster. We’ve learned to replace expensive individually-packaged items with homemade muffins and other frugal snacks, which not only saves money but is also healthier for us. We love this roasted spiced chickpeas recipe because it makes for a salty, crunchy snack that is also healthy. They’re a great alternative to nuts, which are so expensive.
It’s so easy! Just combine your favorite oil with a few spices, and coat a can of drained chickpeas.
Roasting them changes their texture to a crunchy delight–even my non-bean-loving husband thinks these are great!
While they’re in the oven, give the baking sheet a shake to toss the chickpeas so they’ll roast evenly.
These will store for up to two weeks, but we’ve never had that happen. They get eaten too fast!
- 15-oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil and spices, then add the chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 30 minutes, shaking the baking sheet several times to rotate the chickpeas.
- Let cool completely. These will store for 2 weeks in an airtight container.
I find the texture to be similar to Terra Chips or veggie chips–a nice crunchy, salty snack. The best part is chickpeas are high in protein, high in fiber, and have no fat, so this makes for a fabulous healthy snack!
Looking for more snack options?