This Slow Cooker Pork Ragu & Fettuccine is so delish and so simple that it can be one of your everyday meals. My family loved it and asked immediately that it be added to the rotation. I used one of the pork roasts that come in the 4-pack at Costco for $1.99/lb (great price and great quality). I only wish I could find whole grain fettuccine, since I don’t usually buy “white” pasta. But this was totally worth it…
- 1 carrot, chopped teeny tiny or julienned
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless pork shoulder or roast, cut in half
- 3/4 box fettuccine noodles
- Grated Parmesan, for serving
- In a slow cooker, combine the carrot, onion, garlic, tomato paste, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper. Add the tomatoes (and juices), then add the pork and turn to coat.
- Cover and cook until pork is tender: low for 7-8 hours or high 5-6 hours.
- Using two forks, shred the pork and mix into sauce.
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions, drain and add to pork mixture. Toss to coat noodles.
- Serve with grated Parmesan.
I julienned the carrot because I knew my family would be bothered by orange bits. By cutting it tiny, it dissolves into the sauce and they didn’t even know it was there. I told them afterwards and three of them gave me “the face.” Any chance to get more vegetables in them, right?