It’s spring! You want green, you want lemon, you want salad–right? My family loves this Tuna, Green Bean & Potato Salad, and you will, too!
This Tuna, Green Bean and Potato Salad is easy to put together and is the perfect recipe to use fresh green beans and parsley from your garden this summer.
The homemade dressing adds a light lemon flavor that brightens the whole meal.
It’s best to prep this salad ahead of time so the flavors can meld. Then the potatoes to soak up the delicious dressing!
As for serving, it’s delicious warm, but we also like it chilled the next day for lunch or packed ahead as an on-the-go dinner.
- 2 cups fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 2 lbs small gold or red potatoes
- 2 cans (each 4oz) tuna in water, drained and broken into chunks
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 2 Tbsp chopped basil
- 1 Tbsp chopped parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water for about 5 minutes, until tender-crisp. Remove with slotted spoon, and rinse under cold water to stop the cooking. Set aside.
- Add potatoes to the same pot of water and return to a boil. Cook for 15-20 minutes, until tender but firm. Drain, then rinse under cold water to stop the cooking.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and lemon juice. Then add garlic, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, gently combine basil and parsley with the potatoes, green beans, tuna, celery, olives and dressing.
- Set salad aside at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving, so flavors meld.
My favorite kitchen supplies make cooking at home easy! Thanks for using my Amazon links and supporting MoneywiseMoms at no cost to you:
Looking for more family friendly fish meals?