Heading to a Valentine’s Day party, or just need a treat for the kids’ lunchboxes? These Super Easy M&M Cake Bars only have five ingredients (one is water!), and they’re quick to make. Another option is to use your favorite team’s colors, and put them out with your Game Day food.
- 1 box yellow cake mix (or substitute your favorite flavor)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup M&Ms
- Mix cake mix and wet ingredients together, using a hand mixer, until smooth.
- Spread into a 9x12 baking dish, prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the M&Ms on the top and press lightly into the batter (see note below for alternative).
- Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees, or until edges are golden brown and pulling away from pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
To get the brightest colors, press the M&Ms into the top of the batter. Another option is to fold them gently into the batter before filling the pan. It’s not quite as pretty that way, but then the M&Ms are distributed throughout the top and bottom. (Most kids gobble them up before noticing where exactly the M&Ms are placed.)
Linked up to Pin Junkie Pin Party at The Pin Junkie, Good Tips Tuesday at A Bird and a Bean, Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids, Monday Funday at Uncommon Designs, Craftastic Monday at Sew Can Do, SITS Girls, Weekend Bloggy Reading at Serenity Now, Pin Party at Pin Junkie and Tis the Season Linkup at Bon Bon Girls.